Saturday, October 4, 2008

Twin Update

Well, yesterday I had another doctor's appointment with Dr. Ted. Overall the appointment went very well. Both heartbeats are strong; 152 and 148. I have only gained 14.5 lbs so far (which is very good especially since I have twins!!). Also my blood pressure is still really good. I got the results back from my second gestational diabetes test, and it was negative! I can't wait to tell the doctor in Albany...shame on her for being rude and scaring me.

I told Dr Ted that it was getting really hard to get around...a lot of discomfort (OBVIOUSLY!). He told me that he really wants me to be careful when I am moving around; he is afraid that I may fall. Continue to take it easy, and take help whenever I can. He also told me that starting Oct 20th, I need to go to the hospital for bi-weekly non-stress-tests (that is where they monitor the heart rates and uterine activity for an hour) and weekly fluid checks (ultrasound to check the level of amniotic fluid). I will also see him again that week, and then see him weekly or bi-weekly depending on how I am doing. Basically I am just going to move into the doctor's office!! We didn't set a date yet for the c-section. He wants to wait until I am about 32-33 weeks along before putting me on the schedule.

Like I said, overall I am doing really good...and the twins look like they are staying put!

Oh, did I forget to mention that my belly is HUGE! They have been measuring my belly (actually my uterus) to see how far along I am. by date, I am 28.5 weeks. By the size of my uterus I am 41 weeks!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Below is a picture of me at 26.5 weeks that Mary took during the balloon festival.

Hopefully I have some more cute pictures of Dennis and I (we haven't had our pictures taken in a long time). We are going to his cousins Wedding tonight. Should be a lot of fun!

No comments: