Sunday, October 5, 2008

I feel pretty...

Last night was the first time in a long time that I felt pretty...HUGE belly and all!! Dennis and I went to his cousin's wedding last night. I had found this great shirt at Target (and some pants, but they are just boring black pants) that was perfect! Plus is was big enough (in size and the style) to fit over the twins!

As Dennis and I were getting ready, I felt like I had a little jump in my step. I went all out...curlers AND make-up! I even tweezed...a little. My parents were coming over to watch Freddy for us so that we could enjoy an adult evening. Before they got here, I went to see Kelly. "This is what I look like when I actually try!!" I think that I shocked her...she usually only sees me looking like a blob!
On top of all that, Mom let me borrow a bracelet that she made for her new line "Salvaged Style" (shameless plug). It is a beautiful piece combining vintage jewels with classic pearls!
OK...enough about me...we were going to a wedding!! And boy was it beautiful! Megan and Scott couldn't have asked for nicer weather. They had it at a resort in Lake George. It was nice enough that we enjoyed our cocktails outside on the patio! The ceremony was outside, with the beautiful trees and lake in the background. It was perfect. Scott's (and Megan's!) three children were in the ceremony. The youngest boy gave Megan away (so cute that I was tearing up!), the oldest boy was the best man, and the girl was the maid of honor! Forgive me for not remembering their names. It was a great ceremony. Megan was either laughing or crying...sound familiar!!
Afterwords, the reception was very nice. Megan gave a wonderful toast thanking everyone for coming and celebrating with them. But instead of toasting to the bride and groom, we gave the toast to Scott's father, and Megan's Grandfather (Putt LaMay) who have both passed away.
Dennis and I sat with his parents, Bruce and Marie, and Joe and Pam. Of course we had a good time!! After dinner there was dancing, which OF COURSE the twins and I took part in! Only for two dances...but I still danced! Dennis enjoyed catching up with his cousins Dan and Kevin. Plus we got to see Dan and Kelly's new addition Justin! He is such a little peanut!!
It was a great night! But I was glad to come home and put my feet up (even though I was wearing my sneakers!!). Freddy had a great time with his Mim and Pip too...he went to the park, Home Depot, and Walmart. They got him the cutest Halloween shirt too...Mickey Mouse of course! I think that we all have a good time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest to how beautiful you looked!!!