Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Festival

Mom and Nana were there selling our Jewelry at the Goolds orchard Apple Festival this past weekend (which I was told I could ONLY visit, NOT work! lol). We went last year, and were very pleased with the venue. Freddy was with me, but he was only a couple of months old and wasn't able to enjoy everything. So Dennis and I decided that we would go on Saturday and visit with Mom and Nana, pick some apples and pumpkins, and enjoy the afternoon.

It was a beautiful day. The drive was really nice (takes Dennis and I a little over an hour), and Freddy was able to take a nap on the way out. When we got there Freddy was still sleepy and just kind of sat there in his stroller. We went to see Mom and Nana first. We were in the same tent as last year, but I liked the spot better this year. The set-up that they did was great...I am just mad that I forgot to take pictures of the display!! Freddy was still out of it, so Dennis and I decided that we would get something to eat and then take him to the pumpkin patch. Freddy didn't like walking in the pumpkin patch all that much because the plants and brush were almost as tall as him!! but he did like picking at the pumpkin stems! I took a TON of pictures, but he didn't smile, let alone look at the camera once!

Freddy picking at the stems

Showing off his abs!

Playing with Mommy
Dennis took Freddy to the apple orchard and let him run around. He also put him in a tree!! Freddy was a little skeptical of this, but he started to smile a little bit.
Freddy and Daddy walking in the apple trees

Freddy running on his own

Freddy climbing the apple tree...with a little help from Daddy
We went shopping in the craft tents and bought some yummy cider donuts. After about 2 hours of being there I was done. I am struggling these days with the twins, and walking around going up and down hills was a bit much. Mom walked us out because she got Freddy a "winter" present (would be a Christmas present, but he will need them before Christmas). There was a women selling fleece hats, and she made toddler hats with the velcro under the chin. SO cute!!
Freddy is in the pumpkin!

Now he is the worm in the apple!

Freddy was tired and just layed on the ground at Mim and Nana's feet!

Once we got back home, Dennis and I took Freddy to the park (where I just sat on the bench!) and then we went to visit his family. We were all VERY tired that night. But it was worth it for the great day that we had!

OH MY GOODNESS...FREDDY SMILED!!

2 comments:

Happileerving said...

I like these pictures much better than those of the booth.
Goold's is a great Festival we have done it for 2 years now and I love it. People looked for us this year which was great. Sales were good. I found that people are more careful of spending their money but still appreciate quality hand crafted goods.
Favorite customer: A young lady and her mother who purchased 2 necklaces. One a wrapped trilobite, the other a wrapped ammonite. She had studied them in school recently and the teacher was disappointed that he didn't have examples to show them. I think she is getting extra credit when she wears the necklace to school on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

becky i was there with my boyfriend and his family that's CRAZY!!! everything was sooooo expsnsive thoughhhhhhhhh i spent like 75 dollars lol

-erin pitts