Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Proud Moment for Freddy!

Today, I took Freddy for his first playgroup! My Mom's club set up play date for this morning at the Library. I was a little nervous bringing Freddy. He hasn't had too much experience playing with other kids. Plus, a library!! OMG, Freddy can be a terror! I was imagining him knocking over shelves, eating books, and throwing the toys at all the other kids!

He surprised and impressed me however. He was very happy to be around other kids, which I knew he would be from the small amounts of interaction that he has had. It was very crowded at first, so I kept him away from the large group (another playgroup that was getting ready to leave). Once there were fewer kids in the play area, I brought Freddy over. By that time there were two other Moms from my group with their little ones. Freddy was great. He did throw toys, but only at open areas to then chase after them. He played very well for about a half hour, and then wanted his milk. I had him sit with me to drink so that the other kids didn't get upset seeing another with a snack. After he was done drinking, it was back to playing.

Now there were more kids there, older kids (about 3-4) too. One of the boys just loved Freddy! He played with Freddy for a bit, and even gave him a hug! Freddy was all smiles and happy babble! Freddy and I were there about an hour and twenty minutes! I was so impressed by this. I figured we would be there a half our 45 minutes tops!

I think that Freddy and I are really looking forward to the next get together with our group!

Gold star for Freddy J!!!!

No comments: