Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Twin Update...again

Once again, Dennis and I had a scare. I ended up in the ER on Monday. OF COURSE it was Dennis's first full day of in months...so I felt horrible that he spent it at the hospital! But, I digress...

Lately I have had trouble catching my breath. Really though, are you surprised with how bit I am?? There is no room in there to breathe! Usually when I walk upstairs or something like that, it takes me a while before I can breath normally again. However, a few times it happened when I was just resting. On Monday, I was just siting on the couch when it happened. I moved to the recliner to see if that would help, but it just got worse and I ended up passing out. It was only for a second, but it scared the crap our of me!

Dennis took me to the ER where they did a bunch of tests. Long story short..I ended up having two more episodes in the hospital, but the last time they had me immediately lay on my left side. I felt much better!! Apparently these two babies are taking up so much room that my lung capacity is a fraction of what it should be. Also, depending on how I am sitting of laying, the babies are cutting off my blood supply through the main artery and vein...and therefore making me lightheaded and pass out. Thanks boys... lol

I followed up with Dr Ted on Tuesday. He told me that he didn't want me carrying Freddy on the stairs or for long distances. He also doesn't want me to be alone while taking care of him in case something happens. He isn't overly worried that it will, he just said that I really can't do it all anymore. He doesn't want me on bed rest because he still wants me moving around some, but minimal. It was news that I was expecting... So I have made plans to have help for the next couple of weeks.

I also had an ultrasound Tuesday afternoon!! The twins are doing GREAT!! They are growing beautifully with no complications. The bottom baby rotated, but now he is breach...still no help to me. The top baby is still transverse, so I am definitely going to have a C-Section. The boys are each 3 lbs 5 oz!! I am so happy that they are bog...it kills me, but they are going to be healthy little boys! Also...THEY HAVE HAIR!!!! Poor Freddy....his little brothers are going to be born with more hair than he has now! lol Like mom said, at least one of them needs to look like me!!

Here are some pictures from the ultrasound:

This one is of twin A who is the bottom baby and breach. he is looking straight on with his hand just to the left and below his face. The quality isn't that great since I took a picture of the picture to upload it!
This one here is of the twins with their heads together. I think that they are conspiring against me already!!


This one here is of twin A. It is the back of his head. There is a "halo" around his head...that is his HAIR!!

This is twin B and his hair! You can really see the wispy hair in this one!

Dennis and I were again so happy to hear that the twins are doing so well. I will take all the problems that they give me, as long as they are healthy and stay in there until it is safe. Dr Ted will schedule the section for my 37th week. However once we hit 35 weeks, it is safe! So we are only 5 weeks away from the safe zone!! We are getting really excited to meet our new additions to the family!

No comments: