Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Dress Rehersal" for Halloween

Thursday was a very important day for Freddy. Besides the fact that he was able to spend the day with Mim and Pip (who came up to watch him so that I could go to the doctor), he practiced how to "Trick or Treat!!"

Thursday evening downtown Glens Falls Businesses had Trick or Treating for kids! Dennis wanted to bring Freddy down, and I asked my parents if they wanted to come since they wont be able to see Freddy on Halloween. Well, we got Freddy dressed as a dinosaur, went to visit Kelly and Jeremy, and then headed downtown!!

We were all so impressed at how well Freddy did! He wasn't nervous of all the people or scared of any of the costumes. After a few places he was able to pick out his own candy and then drop it in his bag! He was an excellent Trick or Treater! Freddy even met Macy, the dog of "The Dog Ate My Homework," a great bookstore.
Mom and I were very impressed with some of the stores that we went into. They have some great specialty shops with some really unique gift ideas for Christmas...or any other occasion. We are making plans to go back when we can actually shop!!

We were out for about an hour, hour and a half. By then he (and more importantly, I) had enough. We were all hungry, tired, and someone needed a diaper change! Mom and Dad headed home, and Dennis and I got Freddy a treat of chicken nuggets (since we were going to get all his candy!!).

Freddy did GREAT at his first time Trick or Treating! I can't wait to see how he does on Halloween!!!

No comments: