Monday, August 25, 2008

WHAT A MESS!!!!

Oh my goodness...Dennis and I have a project on our hands! Yesterday we cleared out our office...which is now Freddy's Room (or at least will be in the next couple of weeks). Basically we had to get everything out of the room to make room for all the furniture that we are getting for him.

Melissa offered us her Dresser and Desk that she had growing up (it was also Mom's). She also is giving us storage cubes that we are going to use to organize his closet (they are the same that are in the nursery if you have seen them). We also bought a toddler bed off of craigslist for him that is already in the room. Well, since Melissa is trying to get her apt cleaned out so that she can move, we are getting all her furniture next weekend, so we had to have the room ready.

So we made plans on what pieces will go where and what we are going to get rid of. Yesterday morning Kelly came over to help me clear the room of the stuff, then Jeremy helped Dennis move all the furniture. What did we do with it all you ask...ITS ALL IN THE HALLWAY AND OUR ROOM!!!

On top of that, we found a really great deal on craigslist for a crib and changing table. Mom and Dad had offered to buy that for us as a shower gift, so we jumped at the chance! The only thing, they wanted us to get it yesterday. So in the middle of all that, we went to Saratoga to buy THAT furniture, and then bring it to our existing messy home! Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night!

So, I woke up this morning and just started to tackle the mess. Freddy is wonderful in the morning, and is very content to play in his corral and watch Mickey Mouse. So I had about 1 hour to get stuff done, plus a little extra before Dennis went to work. This morning, I finished up my craft corner. We have a landing behind the stairs that we use for Macy's area. Well i put my desk and craft cabinet back there. Along with a bookshelf that is holding the stuff from our computer desk. The suitcases are either under our bed or in the closet. Our coats miraculously fit in the closet (after I got rid of 5!!). I have a pile for the salvation army, and a bag full of garbage. After and hour of work this morning, I feel a lot better about the situation!

We still have to go through the stuff in the hallway, but most of that are Dennis's books. I am not sure what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to get rid of. Other than that, we just have to make a trip to the salvation army next weekend for the two pieces of furniture and bags of stuff!

Now, the fun begins! Next weekend when Freddy's furniture gets here, I will be able to set up his big-boy room!! Then I can tackle the nursery and get that all ready for the twins! I am hoping to have EVERYTHING done by the end of September. I know that gives me a month, but its going to be a lot of work! Plus, while I am doing that, Dennis gets to take care of the garage...I DEFINITELY got the better part of the bargain!! I will update with pictures as things get done!

No comments: