Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just a bunch of big kids!

I wanted to post this earlier this week, but today is the first day that I feel good!! I had some medical issues, not pregnancy related, that I had to take care of...trust me, you don't want the details. BUT, I am 150% better!!

Friday night Dennis and I went over to Kelly and Jeremy's place (they are our neighbors)...ok, background: Dennis and I live in a townhouse. There are 4 townhouses in one building. Dennis and I live on the end. Kelly and Jeremy live next to us, and next to them are Michelle and Nick. Kelly and Jeremy moved in shortly after us, but Michelle and Nick just moved in a couple of months ago. Its great, because we are all the same age and get along great! We couldn't have asked for a better situation!

OK, back to the story. As I was saying, we all went over to Kelly and Jeremy's place to have our very own Wii Olympics!! Yes, instead of watching the opening ceremonies like the rest of the world, we pretended to be athletes. Complete with matching shirts that I made!! Only Kelly and Jeremy have played the Wii before, so it was a new and strange concept to the rest of us, but either way we all looked like fools!! We swan, ran, did the trampoline, hurdles, shot put, and I am sure more!! I couldn't believe how sore I was after playing!! After a while we decided to take a break and play Guitar Hero. Again, we looked like fools, but oh did we have fun!! Dennis left a bit after ten to relieve his parents who were watching Freddy for us. Michelle came home from work, and we immediately went back to the Olympics, because there was no way she was going to get out of it! Such fun!

By the end of the night, it was concluded that we all wanted a Wii and guitar hero!!! It was great to be a kid again...can't wait till the next time!!!



Everyone getting ready to swim!

Dennis and Nick "Swimming!"

Kelly and Jeremy "swimming." Is it me or does Kelly look like she is about to KILL Jeremy?!?!

The official Olympic footage

Kelly and Jeremy playing Guitar Hero, while Charlie poses for the camera!

Good times had by all...but now I have to get my hands ona Wii!!! haha Christmas maybe? Mom?? :)

No comments: