Friday, August 22, 2008

I wanted to be sure to put pictures of my flowers up! I have never been good with plants, but this year it seems I have found very hearty plants that can withstand even me!!
It started with a bucked and sunflower seeds that Melissa gave me for my birthday. Though I planted too many seeds, had bird seed fall into and therefore had birds eat out of the bucket, and over watered...I have a flower!!! With at least one more prospect!
After I planted those, I thought that I should try to have another plant. So I went to walmart and got this purple flowered hanging basket...it was on sale for $10, how could I go wrong? I have had it hanging on my front porch all summer and it still has flowers!














After that, I got brave. I had some extra money from a wedding that I designed jewelry for, so I went to Kmart (I figured I wouldn't spend that much money there, therefor I wouldn't get upset if they all died). I got two beautiful Hibiscus trees/plants for the front of the house, a hanging green thing and a red flowering thing (as you can tell, I really know what I am doing) for the back, and another really nice green leafy thing for the front porch! I also got a bird feeder (which is usually empty from my pig birds) and a nice metal standing hanger for out back!!


All and all, I am very proud of myself and my plants. Now if i can get them to last through the fall and winter, it will be a miracle!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! And glad to see that the sunflower inspired more plants -- they're such cheery little friends. I'll think about entrusting you with my indoor hibiscus when I move to NYC...