Monday, September 22, 2008

Well I thought I was being good...

But I guess I am not keeping up to date with my blog!!

Lots happened this week...again...lol I had another ultrasound, another doctors appointment, balloons, baptism, and a nice dinner with the fam!

Lets start with the twins... At my last ultrasound they each weighed in at 1 lb 2 oz. This past week they were each 2 lbs and 3oz!! That is REALLY big right now for them. A single pregnancy at this point the baby only weighs a little over 1 lb! Luckily my blood work for Gestational Diabetes came back with flying colors! The other thing...the babies haven't moved positions. They are still laying transverse...which means my chances of a natural birth are slimming down. I was a bit upset at my ultrasound because of the tech and the doc...nothing significant, I was just pissy...mainly because I didn't get pictures! At least the babies are healthy, and I am not showing any signs of pre-term labor! My appointment with Dr Ted on Friday went very well. I have only gained 12-15 pounds...my blood pressure is great...so far so good! Dr Ted and I discussed the fact that I will probably have to have a c-section. He didn't schedule it, mainly because there is a SLIGHT chance that the babies will move into the correct position. However, after my next ultrasound, if they haven't moved, Dr Ted is going to schedule me for sometime in my 37th week. I have to check my glucose again at the end of the month to be sure that I don't have Gestational Diabetes. But, over all...the twins are doing GREAT!!

Freddy had a busy week. Monday and Tuesday he spent with me, but the he spent Wednesday with Mim and Pip. Basically that means that he was spoiled! He went out for breakfast, went shopping, played, took a nice nap, went outside...he had a really great day. Friday, Pip came to watch him while I went to the doctors. Pip took him to the mall, then to the park, then out for ice cream!! Dennis got home soon after my dad left, and we went to visit Kathy. Kathy had surgery on her knee that morning, and we wanted to make sure everything went well...which it did!

Saturday we got up early for the start of the balloon festival. Mary and Cassie were supposed to come up, but a late night football game stopped that from happening! Dennis, Freddy, and i saw about 20 balloon flying over the treeline behind our development. A nice way to start the day. We just relaxed throughout the day, until Mary and Cassie came up for the evening balloons. We had a small cookout, and then went out to watch the balloons. It was a great show, with over 30 balloons that we saw!

Sunday morning we had the best show, with over 40 balloons coming right over us! It was a beautiful day, and prefect weather for the balloon show. After, we had to get ready to go to Ethan's baptism. When we got to the church, Freddy was asleep, so Dennis stayed in the car with him while I went in. Luckily there was Mass before the baptism, so Dennis and Freddy didn't miss anything. Ethan was adorable...and I am so mad at myself for not remembering my camera. Ethan didn't even cry when he got the water poured over him! Of course, the ceremony tired the little man out, and he slept for the beginning of his party, but when Kristel woke him up, he was happy as a clam! I had a nice time visiting with everyone, Freddy enjoyed the Shrome's backyard, and Dennis was exhausted from chasing him!! Unfortunately we had to leave a bit early to meet up with my parents. They wanted to come up for the closing of the balloon festival. Unfortunately it was too windy for the balloons to go up, so we went out to dinner instead. We went to Talk of the Town for pizza, and ran into Dave McGuire of all people! Dennis and I were just saying how we haven't seen him much this summer, so it was nice to run into him. After a great dinner, we all came back to the house so that Melissa and Mom could help me organize the twins closet. It wasn't a ton of work, but i knew that I would not be able to do it myself, so I was VERY happy to have their help! We ended the night with ice cream and the ceremonies at Yankee Stadium. Even though I am bitter about the change of stadiums, they really did a nice job last night.

Sorry for the play by play, but I figured that would bring you up to speed. Hopefully I keep up better with it this week!! Here are a few balloon pictures!


1 comment:

Happileerving said...

Becky, That's not spoiling it's providing life experiences!
Mim and Pip