Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back to the Jewels

Some of you may not know this, but I make jewelry. Not only do i make it, but I have a business with my Mom and Nana. We are The Familee Jewels. Really, we are. Check us out at http://www.thefamileejewels.com/ or http://www.atthewarehouse.net/ (that is where our store is).

Anyways, as I said in my last post, I hadn't been able to make anything lately. Until now! After being At The Warehouse over the weekend with Mom, inspiration struck. For the past two days, I have been creating. I made three necklaces and two pairs of earrings.

The first that I made was one of my Vintaj pieces. I love the way the Vintaj brass mixes with blues and greens, so that is the pallet that I stuck with. Here is a picture of the necklace.
Next I made one of my tried and true Swarovski Pearl necklaces. I made this differently than any of my other pieces, but I really like it. I also made two pairs of Swarovski Pearl earrings. I LOVE working with Swarovski Crystals, and from that I discovered the pearls. They have a beautiful sheen, come is so many colors, and are perfectly made. Here are the pictures of the necklace and earrings.
Lastly I made a wonderful necklace that I am extremely proud of. When I first started wrapping stones, I decided that I was going to wrap this chunk of Rainbow Moonstone that I picked up in Rockport Massachusetts a few years ago. It was one of my first wraps, and it came out beautifully. I created the necklace out of dark green Aventurine and Czech Glass beads. It was really nice. However, something wasn't right about the piece. I ended up taking the necklace apart and using the beads for a different piece. After holding onto the pendant for a long while, I finally knew what to do with it. I made bead links out of deep purple glass beads, Swarovski Crystals, and sterling silver beads. I LOVE this necklace, and am going to have a hard time selling it. Here is a picture of it.
So, I guess I am back in the game! I hope that I can stick with it again...but I think that I will considering I have three more projects started on my desk!

No comments: