Friday, May 7, 2010

A bit different...

I was thinking that I would take a stab at doing this who "blogging" thing differently.  I am always amazed that my sister can sit and write a 2000 word blog in the middle of her crazy busy life.  The main difference (other than the fact that she likes to write) is that she make it a priority.  Starting now, I will also make writing at least twice a week a priority. 

So, why the changes to the title and such??  First, I LOVE pink!!  It is such a great color!  Second, I think that every time someone asks me 'how I do it,' I will refer them here!

That is all for now...I am at work and will be leaving shortly.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me very happy to see. :)

A lot of the blogs on my sidebar involve young moms who do amazing things. Feel free to check them out if you're ever looking for inspiration!

Unknown said...

Also, for the record, I don't always get to prioritize writing. For late March and most of April, I had to choose to write privately or publicly -- privately won, so I didn't post. As with everything else, there are phases that make it easier to write, and some that make it more difficult.

A couple of things that help me:

1. Set goals. I'd really like to close 2010 with 365 blog posts written. I'm at 83 now, so am behind by almost 50 for the year -- the likelihood I'll make that goal work is slim, but I'm not giving up on it until the clock rolls over to January 1. I think your plan of writing twice a week is a god one.

2. Keep an inspiration list. I have a little document on my blackberry that's a list of topics or subjects I want to write about, or questions I've been posed that I need to give thought to, or projects/conversations/events/activities that I want to document. I can add to that in 15-second bursts, so it's easier than trying to sit down in the middle of a crazy-busy day and do the writing immediately.

3. Pay attention to the outside world. I have my RSS feeds (thankfully a manageable list of them now!), all of the work-related reading I do daily, news alerts from various sources, and a list of people/entities I follow on Facebook, etc for the purpose of triggering my creativity. One site that is particularly helpful is http://www.nablopomo.com -- "the epicenter of daily blogging." They put out little reminders and thought-ticklers that can assist with getting the writerly thoughts going.

Anyway, love you and can't wait to see you at the end of the month!