Friday, March 28, 2008

What a week!

I am sitting here on Friday afternoon wondering what happened to my week! I am sure that it was filled with things like laundry, cooking, working, Dennis, and my favorite...Freddy. I spent a lot of time on the computer this week looking up information on cloth diapers. My biggest complaint about all of my research is that you can't get an objective opinion on them!! I know that it will be more work, and that they will be a stinky mess, but what I dont' know is if you truely prefer disposible...why? And if you truely prefer cloth...why?


There was one site that I found that they have a sampler pack of the different kinds of cloth diapers available...enough for two days worth of diapers (which is more than enough or I am going to let some smelly pee/poop filled diaper sit there!). The cost is about $55 for the pack. I talked to my mom about it because she has used both cloth and disposable. She told me that if I commit to using them for 1-2 months I have made back my investment. Then I can make an objective decision on which way to go.


I asked her why she preferred the disposible...was it just convenience?? And her reply was no. The big thing that she said that concerns me is that with huggies/pampers/etc. the moisture is soaked in and it not soaking wet on his skin (thanks to that jelly substance in there!). Diaper rash and discomfort immediately come to mind. Also, you have to wash them every night...otherwise your house smells like an outhouse!! I am fully aware of that, but I wasn't aware that you had to put them through a cold rinse cycle and THEN wash them. That way you get that majority of the pee out...and aren't wahing them in pee water. Seems like a lot of water...


However, I do know that there have been some changes in the cloth diaper industry since my bottom needed them! They fit better, are adjustable, they have flushable inserts that help with cleanup. I think that I am just going to have to get them and try them to beable to tell if I really want to use them!


Anyways...here is a picture of Dennis Freddy and myself on easter:






And here he is playing in the driveway later on that day:

Thats going to have to be it for now,,,Freddy wants to play!

~Becky

No comments: