Friday, March 21, 2008

Freddy's Food

Well I just got done making some more food for Freddy. Today I made carrots, apples, and pears. I have to go to the store and get some frozen beans and peas and some more frozen berries. Easter Sunday I am making turkey, so I will be sure to save a bunch to make for him for next week.

I love the fact that I am making his food. As much of a hassle it can be, I am proud of myself. I know that it may seem silly to say that, but it does take a lot more time and effort to buy, peel, cook, and puree...rather than buy the jars of it. I will be honest too...its no more or less expensive to make rather than buy. And they have a lot of variety in the store bought food....which I think is why I am proud that I am making it.

The only thing that I really have to work on is giving him more protein in the way of chicken, pork, and turkey. Sunday will help with that...I am making a turkey for Easter, so I will have plenty to work with!

Dennis and I were just talking about if we would want to use clothe diapers...not necessarily for Freddy, but for the next one. I hate the way the diaper pail smells, how much money we spend on diapers, and how much we throw away with them! I know that it would be like the food...more time and effort to do something pretty simple. Time to do some more research...

~Becky

No comments: