Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome to my home...

While I was on a quick getaway to Massachusettes, Mom and I went to our favorite metaphysical shop in Rockport, Dark Star. We always find wonderful treasures that we can use with our jewelry making. This trip, I was drawn to the kits for house blessings, candles, and aromatherapy. Those are all things that I have always been interested in, but never pursuied. Now that I have heaps of time on my hands (HA), I have decided to add one more thing to the mix! I want to learn more about how to surround myself with good, positive energies and rid myself and home of negative energies.

Well, instead of just buying a cute little kit with a candle and smudge stick, I decided to look at the book section. There I found a great book titled Cottage Witchery. It is all about different ways to bless your home and provide different energies and auras in the various places of your home. Everything from flowers, herbs, candles, etc. I really liked what the book had to offer, and Dennis was sweet enough to get it for me (even though I know that he is freaking out about me coming out one day dressed head to toe in black carrying a broom!!).

I have a MILLION things that I want to do, but I decided to start small. With Mom's help, I got some dried bundles from JoAnns this afternoon. After I got home from work, I took apart my bundles, put them back together with wire and ribbon, and hung my first swag on the front door!! It was made to promote good luck, blessings, and prosperity.

I hope that when you walk through my front door, you will feel blessed and welcome!

Tomorrow I am going to steal some herbs from Mom's garden!! :)

No comments: