Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hi, I am still here!!

Wow, it's have been a month since my last post. I guess I don't feel bad considering that I have been a bit busy!! Besides, everyone who reads this talking to me regularly either in person or on facebook!!

It has been quite an adjustment since the twins arrived, as you would have guessed. Dennis and I are starting to get into a rhythm, but it is far from perfect. The most important thing is that they are starting to sleep a bit better. And when I say starting, I mean for the last three nights!! For the most part they are doing extremely well! When you hear about twins, you usually hear about them being premature, or really small for their age, not eating well, etc. Not my boys!! They are growing like weeds; as they should considering how much they eat! They are measuring right where Freddy was at this point (two months old). They still look very much alike, and yes, we still mark their feet!

The Little Prince is such a great big brother. He loves to give hugs to his brothers and he is even starting to give them kisses. We found out when we went to Wilton Mall to play in the kids center that he is pretty protective of them too! There was a little girl trying to see inside the car seats and Freddy gently, but forcefully pushed her out of the way and then gave his brothers hugs!! Freddy is even trying to say 'brother!' On that same subject, Freddy can say Mom and Daddy. And he has been working on brother, stinky, and some other word that we haven't figured out yet.

Dennis is having a hard time since he went back to work. He feels that he is missing out on a lot; especially with Freddy. I just started working again myself. This is good for Dennis in the sense that he will have special time alone with the boys. But also, with me working, we can start thinking about Dennis giving up his second job. We would all love to have him home with us more!!

Freddy and I have been taking a beating this week. Sunday, I fell going down Mom and Dad's stairs while holding Freddy. He got pretty scared, but was fine. I, however, still have a HUGE bruise on my bum!! Freddy also took a header into Kathy's tray-tables Tuesday night. He has a gash on his forehead to prove it as well!

We are all getting VERY excited about the house. We close in less than a month!! Dennis and I have chosen the paint colors for all the rooms. We have to paint all but the kitchen, but we have plenty of time to do it. At least this way it will all be done before we move anything in! The first thing that I am going to do is clean it from top to bottom. Then Dennis and I are going to rip up the carpet in the office. We would like to see what condition the floors are in upstairs. If they aren't too bad we are going to pull them all up, sand, and stain. Otherwise we will leave the carpet and put it on the 5 year plan!

I am bringing the twins to the doctor tomorrow morning, so at the very least, I will put a small post letting you all know how it went. I will also be sure to put some pictures up tomorrow too (at work right now).

No comments: